Stuff you need:
1. DRAW: Use a pencil to draw the characters! Of course I made sure that Finn and Jake would be the ones on the toe cap areas. Ho ho!
Use your books, comic books or search the web for references.
2. OUTLINE: Use a Sharpie to outline your drawing.
3. PAINT: Start painting the small areas!
This step took me almost 2 days.
When you’re done with that, move on to paint the background. Remember to put masking tape on the outsoles to avoid getting paint on those areas.
4.OUTLINE AGAIN: Check your outlines because you may have covered some of them with paint.
See the difference?
Tadaaaa! It’s adventure time with your new shoes! *Adventure Time theme song!*
Initially, I wanted to make my own Adventure Time shoes but as you can see, I messed up the paint when I accidentally put too much black acrylic while working on the outlines.
Here’s an expectation versus reality photo.
So yea, from there, I decided to make the galaxy shoes. (Got the idea from Dani Noe’s tutorial last year!) Anyway, Really sorry for the bad shots and for the lack of photos. Wasn’t supposed to make a tutorial for this but since a lot of my friends kept asking how I did it, tadaaa! Here it is! Heads up guys! I suck at tutorials, can’t you just look up tutorials on the Internet or can’t we just have a crafternoon weekend and do this at my place? No? Okay. Here it goes.
What you need:
1. Put tape on the white parts of your shoes. This is to avoid leaving annoying and unwanted paint on these areas and to save you time from cleaning them.
2. Painting time! I only used 4 colors but I mixed them up to produce different hues. Start using the darkest color! I used dark blue first. Use the sponge then dab it on the shoe, make sure it looks cloudy to achieve that galaxy effect. Do this on the other parts of the shoe.
3. Mixing time! Use a light blue color and mix it with the dark blue. Then, use a purple color and mix it next to the blue colors. Then add in the pink and blend, blend, blend! Just remember to avoid fine lines and maintain the cloudy effect of the paint. Repeat the process on the other parts of the shoe.
4. When you’re done with the base, it’s finally time to add the stars. Use white and a bit of pink paint and make some cloudy galaxies. Next, get the toothbrush, squeeze a pea-sized amount of white paint on the bristles and use this to splatter paint all over the shoe to get the "stars effect".
5. For the last step, use a paint brush to paint on some big stars and tadaaa! Galaxy shooooes!